Nossa Radio POP

quarta-feira, 10 de outubro de 2012

Creed Frontman Says T.I. Saved His Life

Rock star Scott Stapp recalls how Tip rescued him from suicide attempt.

100412-music-scott-stapp-ti

T.I. isn't just a rapper and an actor, he's also a life saver. The King of the South single-handedly rescuedScott Stapp, frontman for the alt/Christian rock band Creed, from a suicide attempt, according to the rocker's new memoir.

Stapp had been on a binge at the Delano hotel in Miami when he climbed over the balcony in his room and fell 40 feet, fracturing his skull and enduring other injuries. He lay bleeding on the terrace of the hotel below him for two-and-a-half hours until a man walked in and discovered him.

"A guardian angel showed up and it was the rapper T.I.," Stapp said in an interview about the memoir with VH1. "He immediately took care of the situation and saved my life."

Stapp said he and Tip had met a few years earlier recording songs inspired by The Passion of the Christ. They bonded over their shared love of Alabama football and the link resurfaced in their chance meeting that night at the hotel room.

“As I’m laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on and I said, ‘Roll tide,’” Stapp recalled. “And then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."

Remarkably, this isn't the first time T.I. has intervened to prevent a suicide. In 2010, he talked a man off a ledge in Atlanta after he happened to observe crowds gathering outside a 2-story building.


BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Muito Obrigado pelo Comentário! Following on Twitter: @EddyeDre_tw